[autismo-biologia] La definizione dell'autismo in due minuti

Dr Stefano PALAZZI (UONPIA) s.palazzi a ausl.fe.it
Mar 11 Feb 2014 19:19:15 CET

Ecco link e trascrizione di una chiara e sintetica definizione dello
spettro autistico secondo il DSM-5:

http://www.md-fm.com/Vreport-vid-61-comefromback.html (Brian King, Seattle)

So there have been a number of changes in the diagnostic criteria from
DSM4 to DSM5. Firstly, we have eliminated all of the categorical
diagnoses within the pervasive developmental disorders spectrum. So
within that broader category, there used to be Asperger’s disorder,
autism, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified,
childhood disintegrative disorder and Rett’s disorder, all of those are
gone. And what we have instead, which is meant to really embrace that
entire spectrum, is the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
Another change has been to move from 3 primary criteria relating to
social communication, language and restricted repetitive behaviors, to
just two criteria, recognizing that language disturbance is not specific
to autism.
Lastly, we’ve inserted specifiers to indicate that someone had a milder
form perhaps of the disorder. Now we can say that an individual has
autism spectrum disorder with or without language impairment, with or
without intellectual disability, with or without a regressive course.
And with these levels of specifiers, with or without an associated
genetic or known condition, we can really drill down into a much more
precise description of what’s going on.
One last big change to the criteria is a movement away from specific
abnormalities that would almost be listed as a checklist, where each
problem was at the worst possible level, to something that looks like
more of a continuum of impairment.

Un saluto cordiale,
Stefano PALAZZI

Direzione struttura complessa UONPIA
DAISMDP Ausl e Università di Ferrara (sede Messidoro)
Se il messaggio è ricevuto per errore, si prega avvertire.